Saturday, April 25, 2009

Sea Kayak Bribie Isl. Qld









what a sunset !

Rented a Kayak for 2 days,
Then did a 2 day trip with Caz, sea kayaking along the inside passage of bribie island, just north of Brisbane. Great views of the glasshouse mnts (see above). And it reminded me how relaxing sea kayaking is. You carry all the weight in hatches , not on yr back , (eg 15 litres of water) and as a result you hardly notice it. We had a great sunset at the National park campsite. I could have continued for another 5 days or so more... up the coast, past Noosa.

Then drove up to Noosa – paradise on the sunshine coast (apart from the occasional hoon on drugs). Aus’s California. To get my gear ready , and put the van in storage at a storage place at Eumundi. Staying with my mother, who as luck has it, is house-sitting a big house next to a mangrove lake.
now got a wireless internet modem (virgin) - so I can update my blog from almost anywhere. yay !

No comments: